03 April 2010

America's Most Underrated National Parks

Want to see US National Parks without all of the crowds? Yahoo Travel produced the following list which I second as a great selection of beautiful choices with a fraction of the crowds. I drove through Capitol Reef just last month on my way to Flagstaff and enjoyed the contrast of snow against the red rock and crystal blue sky. I have not been to any of the others on Yahoo's list, though I am working on going to Great Basin and Black Canyon of the Gunnison this year. One suggestion I would make is to check out your local National Monuments and State Parks as well. These are generally smaller and less crowded as well, depending on their proximity to major metropolitan areas. But these parks will not disappoint. Click on the title of this post for the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment